Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I research the value of an antique silver tea pot ?

I bought a silver tea pot service (with tea pot, sugar bowl, and cream bowl) at a yard sale. I would like to research its value on my own. What resources do I use ?How do I research the value of an antique silver tea pot ?
I would suggest that you put it on ebay with a significant reserve against it but a low starting bid. That way you will find out very quickly (put it on a 3 day auction) if there is any interest in the item and what people would be willing to give.


Of course, your reserve would be a price that you certainly would be willing to sell the item for just in case someone wanted it. Give it a try. As cheap as driving somewhere for an appraisal.How do I research the value of an antique silver tea pot ?
antiques road show homie
Research the hallmark on the bottom here:





http://www.925-1000.com/
First is it American or English made ?


Is it STERLING or plate ?


Go to the library and get a reference book on antique ,american or English Silverware .

No comments:

Post a Comment