Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I find out if my home value went up?

I just purchased my home in Aug, 07. I did 100 percent finance, and I would like refinance so I can get lower interest rate. I currently have 10.75 as a rate with a 30 year fixed interest rate. I just want to know how can I find out if my value went up and if I can refinance just for a lower rate.How can I find out if my home value went up?
you can get appraisal usually cost a few hundred dollars or just look at sales in your areas for comparable homesHow can I find out if my home value went up?
spend around $300 for an appraisal. thats who the banks use.


avoid agents.
Just type in HomeGain .
You purchased a 100% financed home 2 months ago and actually believe it has gone up in value? Enough to refinance in todays market? And get a lower rate? You got the higher rate because most likely your credit score, and I highly doubt that it has gone up much in the last two months, in addition 100% loans are out of fashion right now, and housing worth has dropped, and will continue to drop for the next year or two, as more homes flood the market, and there are less eligible buyers.
housevalues.com
You really need the help of a real estate appraiser. The value may have went up, it may have went down, or it may be the same. It really is impossible to tell without knowing the type of property and the location of the property. If the value has gone up, you may qualify for a refinance and if you do I can pretty much guarantee that you could lower your rate (10.75% is very high) If you have any questions feel free to email me at dantaft@bellsouth.net
I would really doubt it. Most prices are going down slightly right now or staying stagnant.





Get on your county tax assesor website and see what recent sales in your neighborhood are valued at. Look on the MLS and see what houses comparable to yours are selling for.





You are going to have to pay fees to refinance and your loan is only a year old. It is very unlikely that your credit imporved that much ina year.





You bought a house you could not afford (100% financing) when you were not ready (poor credit, no cash down).
You can try zillow.com but that is not always reliable. Better is to call a local real estate agent. If an agent helped you buy this property call that one or call the mortgage broker or the appraiser who did the work for the lender.





It depends where you live but most areas are not doing well as far as appreciating real estate. Since you have no money of your own invested you have very little or no equity in the home.





Have you spoken directly to your lender to see if you can qualify for a lower interest rate?
Since it's so recent that you purchased your home, put the money you would spend on refinancing and toward the principle of your mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment