Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do i determine market value on my custom vehicle?

I need to determine a professional estamite on the market value of my fully custom 72 Monte Carlo for insurance purposes. I spent about 20k building it.How do i determine market value on my custom vehicle?
First thing that you would need to do is get the vehicle professionally appraised. No offense, but just because you spent 20K does not mean that the car is worth that much.


An appraisal is something that you can then take to your insurance company as proof of it's worth.


Then you need to make certain that you get the proper coverages. If you have a standard auto policy and the car is totalled the insurance company will only pay the Actual Cash Value (ACV). Depending on where you live, this is the average market price of cars similar to yours.......not exactly like yours, but similar.


If you get an appraised value of (for example) 25k, you will likely need to get a stated value policy. That way if the car is totalled, you will get up to the value of the coverage that you have purchased.


Contact your agent to make certain that you are covered.How do i determine market value on my custom vehicle?
for insurance purposes, I would value your car at $25,000 to $33,000 and go from there. (I would like to see your car!) P.S. I would find the nearest National HotRod Association and ask for their advice too.
you need an appraiser.

1 comment:

Lisa Jones said...

I think negative reviews can be valuable because it gives your company the opportunity to show potential customers how you handle a bad situation. If a customer had a bad experience, does your company try to remedy it (and really fix it, not just say "we'll look into it")? If you can get someone that wrote a negative review to update with a positive review, you've won major points.
Merger and Acquisition valuation

Post a Comment