Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I delete all the cells greater then a certain value in excel?

I have 6 long colums of data and I want to delete all the numbers that are over a certain value. Right now, I'm using conditional formatting to highlight all the cells over a value then manually deleting them. Is there a faster way to just delete the cells?How do I delete all the cells greater then a certain value in excel?
Yes filter all of the ones that are greater than that certain value and then delete all of those and take off the filter. Only the numbers less than that certain value should be left.How do I delete all the cells greater then a certain value in excel?
1. make a new column one to however much.


2. Sort on your first data column and then highlight and delete the cells over that certain value (they'll be all bunched together so it'll be much easier this way)


3. reiterate with the next data column in turn until you've done all six columns


4. Resort on the new column you made in step 1 to get back the original order





If the order doesn't matter you won't need steps 1 and 4.
Just write a quick macro to do it for you...much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment